Lose weight. Get organized. Spend less, save more.
These are the new year resolutions you’re heard a million times. Fitness and financial goals are important, but what about your sexual health? Ignoring your sexual health could have serious ramifications. All the other resolutions are pointless if a risky sex life compromises your health. This year, work these 5 easy resolutions into your life.
- Get tested. Most STDs don’t show symptoms. For example, chlamydia is the most common treatable STD but ¾ of all women and ½ of all men show no STD symptoms. You can go years having an STD, maybe even spreading it, without even knowing it! The only way to know for sure is to get tested.
- Have open and honest conversation with your partner. Don’t be shy about letting partners know about how much you prioritize your sexual health. You won’t have unprotected sex and that’s that.
- Safety first. Always use a condom. To be sure, assume every partner is infected. If you’re in a monogamous relationship, get tested together before unprotected sex so you’re sure you’re both in the clear.
- Find which birth control works for you. If you’re not ready to start a family, be proactive! What works for one woman might not jive with another. Educate yourself about the different options and try which best fits with your lifestyle. If your current method doesn’t feel right for you, try a new method this New Year. Check out our blog about the pros and cons of different methods to help you start finding out which method is best suited for you.
- Don’t ignore that itch. Itching, discharge, or foul odor are all signs of a vaginal infection. Not only are untreated infections uncomfortable, they can be dangerous for your health too! If left untreated, vaginal infections can increase your risk for STDs or pelvic inflammatory disease. If you think something is going on down there, see a doctor.
To see if you qualify for Segal’s STD screening, vaginal infection, or birth control clinical study, fill out the form below or call us at 1-877-734-2588.