One of the biggest problems women have with taking oral contraceptives is remembering to take the pill every day at the same day. Oral contraceptives are most effective if you take them at the same time every single day. It’s a challenge to take any daily medication perfectly. In a study of young women using oral contraceptives 80% missed one or more pills within the first couple of months!
Here are some tricks and tips for working the pill into your daily routine so your birth control stays effective!
- Set a daily alarm on your phone with your favorite song.
- Keep a post it note on your mirror with a reminder written on it.
- Attach the pill taking to an existing part of your routine. For example, take it right before dinner or after you brush your teeth in the morning.
- Set an alert on your computer’s calendar.
- Sync up with friends so you all take your pills at the same time. You can send each other funny texts to remind each other.
- Check out some of the apps like WomanLog, myPill, and Lady Pill Reminder. Find a list of reminder apps here.
- Stick glow in the dark stars on your bedroom ceiling. Not only will you have something pretty to look at while you fall asleep, but if you leave your pills on a bedside table, the stars can remind you to take your pill before bedtime.
Source: She Knows
To see if you qualify for Segal’s birth control, STD screening, or vaginal infection clinical studies, fill out the prescreen form below or call (877) 734-2588.