Migraines and headaches can be unexpected and interrupt our daily activities. The pain of a migraine can range from mild to severe and often feels like a contractions of the muscles that covers your skull and acts like a vice grip around your head. So is there a way to cure a migraine? Unfortunately, there is no known cure for a migraine or headache, but there are ways to avoid a migraine or find relief to it.
Here are some tips that could help relieve a migraine:
Prevent a headache from occurring:
- Have your day planned so that you can avoid stress and anxiety
- Hydrate your body with a lot of water or other hydrating drinks
- Try some light cardio exercises, which are very effective in controlling stress
- Get a good night sleep (7-8 hours)
- Try to not use electronic devices for more than 15 minutes
Balance your nutrition and avoid the following foods:
- Citrus fruits
- Dairy products
- Products high in nitrates
Try these foods and nutrients to help prevent and offset headache pain:
- Fatty Fish
Do you or someone you care for suffer from migraines? See if you qualify for Segal’s clinical research study today!