There are several different causes of vaginal dryness. These causes can be the result of hormonal changes, psychological factors, emotional issues, lack of sexual desire, and anxiety.
Let’s see what the most common causes of vaginal dryness are:
- An imbalance or change in hormones:
Changes in hormones are one of the most common causes of vaginal dryness. The hormones in our body are affected by several factors. What usually causes hormonal imbalances are the periods of menopause or perimenopause, childbirth, and breastfeeding.
There are many medications that have an effect on a woman’s hormonal levels. Some of the most common are allergy and cold treatments containing antihistamines, as well as asthma medications.
- Insufficient sexual arousal:
Being sexually aroused increases your libido. When you have low sexual desire, your libido decreases, which could lead to vaginal dryness. Sexual arousal is a significant factor in overall vaginal health.
Chemicals in soap or other products that touch the genital area, such as feminine deodorants, lubricants or other hygiene products, might cause allergies and irritation. Allergies and irritations usually lead to vaginal dryness.
- Anxiety and other psychological issues:
Emotional and psychological factors play an important role in the functions of our body, including vaginal health. Stress and anxiety can wreak havoc on sexual desire and block normal lubrication of the vagina.
2 tips to prevent vaginal dryness:
- Lubricants: Lubricants help hydrate and lubricate the vagina. There are many different types of lubricants: silicone-based, oil-based, and water-based.
- Moisturizers: Vaginal moisturizers can be an effective solution for reducing dryness. They help introduce water into the vagina’s tissue.
Do you suffer from Vaginal Dryness? See if you qualify for Segal’s clinical study on Vaginal Dryness today! Click here.